Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Its Not School, Its Daycare and That Is Okay!



This is a video of Cohen in the car coming home from "school"... Like one year old babies go to "school". I think "school" is what parents call it to try to keep themselves from feeling guilty that they send their kid to some sort of childcare. It is only school when you ride the yellow bus to get there, partake in organized recess, get called into the principals office or have home work assigned daily and so far Cohen has not had to do any of those. I have no problem calling it daycare or mother's day out because I do not feel guilty sending him there. I actually look forward to dropping him off. Am I a bad mom to admit that? First of all he loves it,  second of all I need a break from time-to-time damn it and third... I love to see his face when I stand at the door to his room, after him being there all day, and wait for him to notice me. When he does, his face lights up so big, he comes for me and starts to say Momma! See, if anything "school" makes your kids miss and appreciate you and that makes it all worth it. I think they are happy to see you because you rescued them from "school" as seen in the video above, which is okay, I will take that. This day on the ride home from "school", Cohen took one of his ginormous shoes off (size 5...I think that is abnormally large for a just 1 year old) and started acting cute the car ride home. Enjoy the video!


1 comment:

Sundi said...

No need to feel guilty because you deserve the time off. The video is so cute. Such a good self entertainer. I never get to see that view of my girls since they are too small to face forward.