Monday, May 11, 2009

Gramma and Grumpa = A Good Time!


We have been so busy with Gramma and Grumpa that I have had no time to blog. They leave tomorrow which makes me sad and it will not be easy to say goodbye to them. I just wished that we either lived there or they lived here! I cannot begin to tell you how helpful they have been around the house. My Dad will do whatever just to stay busy. He is like that old man who just wonders around trying to find things to fix or clean up. Today Mom and I left him alone to run a few errands (I know, we left him without a sitter, ha, ha) and when we came home we found him power washing the back porch and he had already fixed the garage door key pad, and was getting ready to put up a ceiling fan, and then power wash the front porch. My Dad even scrubbed the grill cover because it looked weathered. Its a grill cover, it is suppose to be weathered! My Mom cooked, helped with Cohen, did yard work, fixed, painted and put up baseboards. Jeremy and my dad also tackled putting new mulch in the yard which I must say looks amazing.

It has been a great week with them here. I never want them to leave! Not only did they help out a lot around here but they are actually a whole lot of fun. I never dread them coming to town. They are really funny and always provide interesting conversations. We watched movies, played Baggo, grilled out, went to a few restaurants, and had an overall great time.

We spent Mother's Day in Branson, MO shopping at the outlets and checking out the other attractions in town. Hate to say it, Branson is nothing to write home about. But it was still a good time :) Above is a picture of my parents with Cohen at the outlets. It was fun to spend Mother's Day with my mom. Someday we will do it up right Mom, I promise! Like a day at the spa, or something fun and relaxing like that. Maybe even a weekend retreat with some of the other ladies in our lives! I will post more photos from the week after I have a chance to recoup from the 17 straight days of house guests we have had. We sure are going to miss my parents!

4 comments:

Sundi said...

Sounds like you are a little home sick or at least miss the people you love frome home. How perfect that Cohen's B day and Mothers day was so close so you and your mom could share both together. Glad you have such great parents Lish!

Walkabout4444 said...

Simple pleasures in life are always the ones we hold so dear. Spending quality time with family (Mom, Dad and your child) always warms the heart. Cohen is a very lucky little boy, being blessed with two terrific parents who adore him and grandparents who surround him with love. Parents are also great because they have the patients to do all the little annoying things like power washing, gardening ect you don't have time for because little feet pitter patter away so fast... hehehe! This picture is pure joy!!!! Is that Jer in the background?

NW Photo Works said...

Yes, that is Jer in the background. He looks mad but really he is not. I think he is just tired from all the shopping he did!

The Moore Fam said...

is your house back to being quiet again?!? we're looking forward to the party on saturday! see ya soon