Friday, February 6, 2009

9 Months Today!






Can you believe it? Nine months have flown by already. My tiny little 7 pounder is almost walking. I use to get annoyed when I was pregnant and when Cohen was first born... people would always say "Enjoy it while it lasts, it goes by so fast". I got tired of hearing it. I just kept thinking to myself those first few months, "Man, I wish this would go by faster"! The first few months were so challenging that I wanted time to fly, but now, now I want time to stand still. You see Cohen still needs me but in a way that is less demanding than the first few months. Its more of a want me vs. a need me since he can do so many things for himself now... mostly playing solo and getting from point a to point b without me having to get him there.

Now that Cohen is finally growing (we go to the dr. today so I will have a height and weight update later) he is so happy! I started him in mother's day out at a church here in town. Yes, a church but that doesn't mean Jeremy and I step foot in that place on Sunday :) I really like it and gives me the break I need to feel like something other than "just a mom". I have also been taking him to the daycare at our gym in the neighborhood. Cohen is so social that he loves mother's day out and gym time. He could not care less when I leave him. If feels great to miss him during those hours. Its rejuvenating to have time without him. It makes me a better mom and a better partner to Jeremy.

We are headed back to Seattle for Cohen's 5th trip on the 20th. I cannot wait for family and friends to see how much Cohen has changed since Christmas.

note: the green blanket is the love of his life! He absolutely loves it. Every time he sees it he crawls to it and hugs and snuggles it like its his long lost love.

3 comments:

michaelanne said...

I love the cock-eyed, evil grin photo!!!

Walkabout4444 said...

Growing up before your eyes is what they do! Wait till he walks, which will be soon. You feel like I feel about church ... LOL Can't wait to see you guys on this month and lets hope there is no snow or ice storms!

Miss Ya All!

Jocelyn said...

you weren't kidding when you said you took some good pics. they are gorgeous. love your work!