Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Beach Boy





#2 Has arrived! He s so stinking cute too! We decided on Cooper Michael... He was a much bigger boy than expected weighing in at 7lb 15 oz a measuring 21inches. We were expecting low 7lbs even into the 6's. I was measuring a week behind schedule as far as belly growth so we were surprised.

I labored from 9am-3:45pm, started pushing a little after 4pm and about 6 contractions & 12 or 15 deep pushes later our little guy arrived. Jeremy was a great cheerleader and I cried like a baby myself. I just cannot explain the rush of emotion that came over me when I saw him for the first time. It has to be, by far the best feeling in the world!

All fingers and toes, (skinny ones) accounted for. He makes little chipmunk noises. He is nursing well thank goodness. (I struggled with Cohen) Speaking of, he is doing great. He received a big brother gift from his little brother, napped during the main part of labor and when he woke he was so smitten acting when he met his brother, almost shy. That shyness quickly subsided and Cohen was saying things like "take baby Coop on walk with me?" " I feed baby Coop?" Hearing Cohen call the baby, baby Coop is what probably sealed the deal on his name. We were considering Ty (close second), Turner and Kennon. We have not put his name in writing so we have a little room to change it if we do not feel Cooper is right for our guy but I think that it is!

Well I cannot wait for yo all to meet our little guy!

5 comments:

Walkabout4444 said...

Beautiful, handsome, strong and a blessing bring a new life into our family. Thank You Lish, your a "Special Lady! Coop, your big bro will be teaching you all the finer ways to keep your parents on their toes over the next 18 years :-) Cohen, take good care of Cooper Big Brother Bear .... Love You all!!!!

Jenna said...

I think Cooper is a perfect name!!!!It melts my heart to hear how you felt apon seeing him, and to hear of the relationship with Cohen and cooper already. Way to go alicia, Im so proud of you, you are AMAZING!!!Congrats

Sundi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandie B said...

Wow...talk about a carbon copy of Cohen...He is absolutely adorable Congratulations to all of you! PS I think Cooper is very cute name: Cohen and Cooper - sounds perfect!

Emily Wood said...

Adorable!! I hope you are continuing to enjoy every moment with your new little man!!