Sunday, March 20, 2011

7 months down







7 months down and a lifetime to go. Oh Coop the best times are yet to come. So far you are off to a great start. You make us so happy. As a matter of fact you make us giddy and you even make your daddy cry (a joyful cry... I am the one who gets up with you twice at night some nights so my cry is one of pain). You boys have made your dad soft and you especially. You make him the happiest pop in town ever since you started to do this light up, smile, and start shaking your pudgy little body routine whenever he walks in the same room as you. I don't blame you. He is the fun parent but in time you will figure it out that I am the better of the two of us.

You have been sitting up since a bit before 5 months, crawling at 5.5 months and pulling to a stand somewhere shortly after 6 months. You now cruise furniture, people, or between whatever you can get a hold of. I can tell you are anxious to get to walking. I beg and plead with you to slow down, relax but you insist on keeping up with your big brother to whom you are obsessed with. Not sure why... do you not hear him whine all day, every day. Do you not remember how just last week he tried to pick you up and carry you, just to drop you on your chest and chin... on the tile floor? He told me it was an "accident" but who was he trying to kid? Accident or not he dropped you! He doesn't stop you from playing in the dog bowl and he takes all your toys. So please just realize he is not that cool and you do not want to hurry up to keep up with him. So slow down, stay a baby a while.

I love, love, love that your tongue is never in your mouth and that you wiggle it like a lizard every chance you get. I love how you go into convolutions when you hear me shaking your bottle. I love how you play with my hair when I feed you. I adore your chubby little hamhocks and chubby cheeks (both sets). I cannot kiss them enough. I love how you lean in for kisses. I cannot get enough of your giggle, especially when you laugh at Cohen jumping on the bed. I love the rolls on your legs, the downward turn of your mouth, the look you have that reminds me of my grandmother and mom. I eat up how you love to snuggle, and how you march to the beat of your own drum (you eat when you want, nap when you feel like it, and rarely cry or fuss between). I love how when you do finally decide to cry you let me have it and show me no mercy. I think one of my most favorite thing about you at this very moment (besides the fact that you love my awful singing) is that you LOVE to shower, alone, with me, with your brother, your dad, your dad and brother. You are a shower nut. Its great. Your fussy I shower you, your poopy I shower you, your tired I shower you, your happy I shower you. No matter what the mood the shower does you good. Its great. I also love that your a tech geek. Well, not really, its actually quite annoying. You throw a fit over the computer, iPad, iPhone, remote control but instantly stop when I hand you any one of the above.

Well Coop, I could go on but I will spare you the mushy embarrassment. Just know that we think your the greatest 7 month old, little brother, 2nd born baby in the entire world and that we thank our lucky stars that you are ours! You just have that something, that something that makes us happier than ever before!

1 comment:

Walkabout4444 said...

What a life you lead ... everyone of them is a character in their own way!