Sunday, April 11, 2010

Finally!


Finally.... we did it. We had our family portraits done! You would think being a photographer that this is something we would do often but not so much. Earlier this week I asked good friend, fellow photographer and soon to be co-owner/business partner at our new studio, (more about that later) Melanie Merkling, to meet us for what was suppose to be a quick shoot. I was really specific about what I wanted so I hope I didn't keep Melanie from being her creative self. Its just that I had a few wall portraits in mind and that was really all I wanted. However, I did want to document our little crazy family of three before we became four. And it looks like Melanie came through!

So the deal was, meet us for the shoot, I will edit and we will be quick. Well, Melanie took some great shots, despite us being us. Here is every ones little sneak peek of what I have edited so far. This is just a tease because there is more and some really cute ones too. So thank you Melanie. I appreciate it so much and of course soon I will be paying you back by photographing your little family of three.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

she looks like your style. cute shot! and congrats on the upcoming business venture. exciting stuff.

Alicia said...

Thanks Joc! I pretty much controlled the shoot. Knew exactly what I wanted... kind of feel bad but its so hard when this is what you do! I know you know. Our styles have similarities but really are different. Like I said I chose the location and said "this is what I want." I was that client :)