Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Round 2 Baby!

Its official... We are proud to announce that we will be expecting baby #2 this August. Cohen is pointing to my tummy saying baby and I am starting to get more excited everyday. Especially after today's ultra sound. Sorry for the poor quality of scan but our scanner is broke so I took the picture with my iPhone. I am 11 weeks as of yesterday however the baby is measuring 12 weeks (which was what I thought). They won't move our due date unless at our 20 ultrasound the baby is still ahead of schedule. We heard the heart beat today for the first time too. About 150 beats per minute. Old wives tale states that the slower the heart beat 150-140 its a boy and anything faster is a girl. Cannot say I believe that since Cohen's heart beat stayed around 162 the entire pregnancy. We will find out March 30th (Jeremy's b-day) or so whether or not we will be having a boy or a girl. So until then stay tuned for updates. No belly pics because I have no belly but I will soon and might share a few pics from time-to-time.

I know that in the ultra sound picture above it looks like the baby has no arms and legs. I assure you that the baby does. I made the doctor double and triple check as well as point out every part to me so I knew everything was growing. Call me crazy, I just wanted my mind eased!

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Yay! Congrats! XOXO

Jocelyn said...

lucky you to get an ultra sound so fast! lots of people don't get it til 20 weeks. i'm happy & excited for you guys! congrats!!!

Emily Wood said...

Yeah!!! Soooo excited for you! Congrats!

Jenna said...

yea! We are so excited for you! And yea for arms and legs:) I always got so worried, those pics foten looks so distorted!We egt ultrasounds where I go at 12 and 20 weeks.

Sandie B said...

So happy for all 3 of u. Feel honored knowing the Browm's were a few of the first to know you were pregnant...Funny you say that about the heart beat. Don't know if you know or not but they didn't know i was having twins until I was 7 months along and i delivered at 8 months (yes, that's how old I am - they didn't routinely do ultra sounds wayyyy back then). But my Dr was always a bit baffled because on my rountine exams the heart beat would be really fast one time and very slow the next...hence Ry and Jos..Made a believer out of me. Boy or girl (maybe one of each if you are luck) its a beautiful thing....So happy for you! sandie B

Sundi said...

I don't blame you for all that checking. Its so scaring not knowing what's really going on in there. Congratulations again to you guys. Cohan is going to make a great brother don't you think?

Kasie M. said...

Congrats again, Alicia! I am happy for you and Jeremy and so excited for Cohen to be a big brother. I hope you have a great pregnancy and I will be looking out for updates.