Tuesday, August 11, 2009

{Moving}



Its sad... I am sad... We are moving. How can this be right? Well we sold our house last month with a quick close and that is it, we are gone. My cute little home... the house we lived in when Cohen was born. We spent Christmas there pregnant, and then we spent Cohen's first 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter at this house. There is a cute little mural that I labored over painted on his wall. His room is my favorite in the house. I feel safe here and maybe my most favorite part of all is walking to the mailbox with no shoes on and having Cohen follow me with no shoes or clothes, just his diaper. We know our neighbors and enjoy stopping by for visits or borrowing salt and pepper, yard blowers, gas for the grill, ladders, brown sugar, I could go on. Without my neighbors I would have to go grocery shopping more and spend more money at Home Depot. Its like we have a mini co-op here where we just share stuff. Its nice really. I never feel alone because of them!

So we are packing and out on Friday. I am sad... I brought Cohen home from the hospital to this house. I have cleaned, gardened, painted, and complained about all I want and need to do to this house. This is/was my family's first home together. So I am sad but will get over it. Well, maybe!

8 comments:

Stacie said...

Good luck with the move guys, can't wait to see pix of the new place!

Jenna said...

Im sorry Alicia, moving is a sad thing, but think of all all memories you will make in the new house. Good luck to you on the move

The Moore Fam said...

i am too sad to see you guys move. even though it's a 30 minute drive away, it seems so far!

Jocelyn said...

so many memories there and now you will do the same thing at your new place. it really is a beautiful home, but like the mural on cohen's wall.. you will create something just like it at your new home. i have a feeling you can create a 'home' anywhere. thinking of you guys...

Alicia said...

Thanks everyone... I am just feeling sorry for myself because I just don't want to leave!

Walkabout4444 said...

Love the picutres! You will always hold this home close to your heart for all the reasons you just stated. Remember, a home is just a home but as long as Jer and Cohen are with you your never alone ... This is home!

Jessica said...

Take a picture of his mural and frame it in his new room. And where is his new room going to be anyway?
Jess

Alicia said...

Great idea Jess. I have a great couple of shots I took a few months back. I will do something with it or just make it again but on canvas or something. It won't be the same but I get that home is where the heart is.