Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Fit!



Inspired by a friends post ( who I must say is worth following. Her writing kicks ass) I too felt like I had something to share with all those new parents that blog about how wonderful life is with their new baby and how perfect their little one is. Well I have been there and I remember those days and miss them fondly.

So this particular fit thrown by my wonderful and beautiful 20 month old son was thrown last Friday. How it started you ask? I must have done something right? Well, we left the park. As simple as that. We left the park and he was not ready to leave. So, he kicked and screamed the entire way from the park to the car. Then he kicked the shit out of the back seat and his dvd player as I pinned him down with my forearm to buckle him into his car seat. Then frothing from the mouth he continued to kick the back of my seat and throw himself from side to side as he gagged himself with his screaming. Between screaming you could hear him muttering no, no, no.

So then we made it home and I let him out of the car and he ran into the middle of the street, luckily no cars were driving by. This kid was out of control. He laid in the middle of the street, kicking, and screaming no, no, no. So somehow I managed to get this demon child inside. Still not calm I grabbed our flip video camera. I had to record this... Jeremy would never believe that his perfect little boy could become such an awful being.

To end the story where the video left off. Cohen calmed down about 15 minuteslater and took a nap. He woke up a perfectly happy, like the stranger within him had left with no trace of ever being there. I later showed him the video and I will quote him... " I bad!"... "No, no, no!"

So note to all you happy mom's who are in heaven with their new little helpless baby. Overwhelmed with love and joy. This what they turn into so get yourself ready!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Holy cow, now thats a fit!!!Next time just stay the night at the park!!!HA!! I love it, and am so thankful to be past the fits

Walkabout4444 said...

I remember when Jeremy threw fits like that! Isn't it grand when your little angel turns into a banchee? Wait till it happens in the middle of someplace where there are a lot of people ... embarassing! I bad mommy but I have no control over what seems to be a natural 2 year old reaction no matter who the child is or who his/her parents are. Wait for those trying 3's!!!!!

Sundi said...

Although I get those daily Xs 3 I don't know if I've seen one like that. It was like he was beating up an invisable friend and telling him NO NO NO! So Funny!

Alicia said...

It lasted an HOUR Sun! I hope you never have that x3! The other video I took was of him beating up the door to the garage. It really was like he was beating u an invisible friend... good way of describing it. We really need to come for a visit before Cohen turns two. That way we can have fits x4!

Meg said...

Ryan and I are absolutely cracking up right now...thank you for sharing this. It makes us feel a lot more normal! I love when you've finally had enough and say 'okay, Cohen, you're going to get hurt.' Oh how I enjoy a good tantrum...and this one sounds like a doozy! Love it:).
xo

Alicia said...

I have more videos Meg. When you need a good laugh or just need to feel like your not alone. Let me know and I will email them to you. I should thank you for sharing the ups and downs makes our house feel normal and I feel less alone!