Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Local Celeb.


So I have been extremely busy lately! Not only did I spend 10 days in Seattle where I photographed a wedding with the wonderful Jocelyn Brown as a second shooter, and had three additional photo sessions but I have been asked by a new pediatric clinic here in NWA to create a website, display portraits in their waiting area, set up email and their email server, create a peekaboo ad and newspaper ad (as shown above) and they want me to maintain their website from now until they do not need me which I hope is never. I also have two sessions this week and a boat load of editing. This is what I wanted right?

When I created their peekaboo ad (local kids mag) I gave the new practice around 7 options to choose from with the final option containing the above image of our sweet Cohen. All options were great so I really did not know which they would lean towards. But you guessed it, they selected the ad with Cohen in it. He is going to be famous. Okay not really but I think it is fun that he will be in a couple of publications! This image was his two year portrait. One of my favorites ever of him. He looks so sweet and kind... almost heaven sent.

Funny how that is since we are totally full blown into the terrible twos and have a two year old who thinks he is a 20 year old professional baseball player with a bed time of at the earliest 11pm. By the end of the day I am ready to end my life. I am so tired and he just wants to keep on truckin, even fighting the 11:00pm bed time. This kid is going to have a rude awakening come July 13th when he starts school at 8:00am and will have to be in bed again like he use to by 9pm (which I think is 2 hours too late).

Oh, have I mentioned he cusses too. (I will get it on video I am sure) Yes, my kid says damn it like it isn't anything but the kicker is he uses it right. I just look at him with the mom look and he quits but it is embarrassing when I am in a store and drop something and he says "damn it" for me. My mouth is pretty clean now that I have him saying the bad words for me. Oh yeah, he also says fuck it! That's right... I do not need to spell it out again. I just say oh "bucket? You want to play with your bucket?" and hope all the judgmental onlookers do not think they heard what they thought they heard.

I have never hated swear words so much as I do right now. I want to clean up my mouth every time I hear him say a bad word. I know it is my fault (I have a truckers mouth... sorry truckers) and a few others contribute to Cohen's potty mouth (Uncle T). So I share this post with you mom's who post to their blog about how wonderful your kids are and how much they bring joy to your life. My kid brings joy alright, accompanied by a pain in the ass and eyes that are tired of glaring at him.

Oh, baby #2 update... I am 31 weeks. Went in for a check up Monday and everything checked out great. Strong heartbeat, measuring on the small side of normal which was how I was with Cohen. I am looking forward to not being pregnant since we have a heat index of 98 degrees going on right now and it is only June. The humidity sucks... although I LOVE the warm weather. I go back every two weeks until 36 weeks where I will be going once a week after that. No name yet... we do like a few but we decided not to tell anyone. It will give you something to look forward to when we announce his arrival!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Cohen is famous! Great opportunity for you, Lish!! I really was LOL'ing about his trucker mouth...Tell him he'll never get a date with a potty mouth like that!

Jocelyn said...

we talked today on the phone and you didn't mention C was famous- along with you? it's an adorable ad. i love the design work and the image. so great!

Walkabout4444 said...

Lish, this is a wonderful opportunity for you. I am very happy for you and for Cohen being a "STAR" ... Big hugs & Losts of love to all 4 of you :-)